Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Cozy Book Contract



It's official - and with grateful thanks to my lovely agent Kate Nash, I now have a signed contract, with real joined up writing and everything - from Robert Hale for my Edwardian Cozy featuring the intrepid governess, Flora Maguire - watch this space for the title and cover art.

I would also like thank the Historical Fiction Critique Group for reading and making sense of my messy first draft. Be warned, those of you who know me – and who write blogs - I shall be campaigning soon for volunteers to join me in a blog tour announcing the release, so if you would like to volunteer before I bombard your inbox with frantic pleas to participate, I welcome all-comers.

Here’s some Blurb to give an idea of what the novel is about

Flora Maguire is travelling home on board the SS Minneapolis with her charge, Eddy, Viscount Trent, when she finds the body of a man at the bottom of a companionway. The ship's doctor and the captain are reluctant to accept there is a murderer on board and the death is pronounced an accident, but Flora is not convinced, though unsure with whom she can share her misgivings. After a whispered threat, a burglary, a near drowning during a storm and a second murder, the hunt is now on for a killer.

Time is running out as the Minneapolis approaches the English coast. Will Flora be able to protect Eddy as well as herself, and discover who the murderer is? Is her burgeoning relationship with the handsome Bunny Harrington only a shipboard dalliance, or something more?


5 comments:

Lisa Yarde said...

My dear Anita, congratulations on that contract. You know where to find me when you're ready to do some promotion.

Anita Davison said...

Definitely going to take you up on that Lisa, and looking forward to September when you come to the UK -we've got some serious historic houses to look at and hours of chat!

Petrea Burchard said...

Congratulations!

I wish I could join you and Lisa for those historic houses!

Of course I'd love to be part of your blog tour. Can you write a brief (300-400 words) guest post? It doesn't have to be unique to my blog, I won't mind if you share it elsewhere. We can discuss it later on.

Anita Davison said...

Thanks so much Petrea - I will add you to my list and send on the info and cover art when I have more of an idea of dates, covert art etc.

L.M. Elm said...

Congrats on the contract. Whoot! Whoot!

BLOG TOUR

..for A Knightsbridge Scandal all this week The Writing Garnet Chick Lit Club Connect I Heart Reading Bookish Jottings ...