My Book Has A Title

Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote for a title of my latest novel, and especially to those who added a comment and the reason for your choice.  Some unexpected things came out of this exercise in that we don't always anticipate what certain words conjure in our heads. Thanks too for the humour.

I submitted the results of the poll to my publisher and they have made a decision as to which title they felt most accurately represented the story - and for those of you who would like to see what that decision was:
Click Here

Comments

Jen Black said…
Looks like the poll was useless! They chose the one with least votes!Just goes to show...
Jen
Deborah Swift said…
Hi Anita, congratulations on your title! It sounds good. My publishers too want a different title. Part of me resists simply because it is like having a baby - you spend 18 months (as it were) giving birth and then someone else chooses the name! But they know their markets so it is always worth listening to their suggestions.
Anita Davison said…
I'm surprised too Jen, but their rationale was that this title 'Put the story in the right context for prospective readers'
They want it to sell as much as I do, so I'm happy to go with it.
Anita Davison said…
That’s a nice analogy Deborah, and the case of this book it took more like 24 months, an elephant’s gestation! My original title was too vague though so I wasn’t surprised they wanted to change it.
Gillian Bagwell said…
It looks wonderful, Anita! I love the title and the website looks great. Can't wait to read it! I'm sure you know that Elizabeth is supposed to still walk the floors at Ham House!

Popular posts from this blog

King Edward VII's Coronation

Fire by C C Humphreys

Blog Tour-Nadine Dorries

FTC Guidelines

In accordance with FTC guidelines concerning blogging endorsements, any books reviewed on this site I have either purchased, or received from the publisher in return for an honest review and without financial incentive.

As an Amazon.com affiliate, I receive a tiny dividend from books purchased through the Amazon links displayed on my blog and/or blogs on which reviews are posted.