Lucky No 7 Meme

I am so unreliable with these Meme things, I either forget to pass them on or get muddled with what I am supposed to do - due to either laziness or cynicism I am not sure. However this one was sent to me by good buddy Lisa Yarde and I have no wish to upset her, so I will join the party and pass it on.

Here's the thing:
*go to page 77 of your current WIP
*go to line 7
*copy down the next 7 lines/sentences as written and post them on your blog or website
*tag 7 other authors
*let them know they've been tagged


Below is an short excerpt from 'Royalist Rebel' my 17th Century Biographical novel scheduled for release in early 20123 by Pen and Sword Books

‘It is a gentlemens' club,’ she lowers her voice, despite there being no one but myself to hear. ‘The members take an oath as Royalists, and swear to further the cause.’
‘Further -? You mean they work against Parliament in secret?’
She shrugs, but my insistent gaze finally penetrates her veneer of reluctance. ‘They call themselves stonemasons. Do not look at me like that, Betty, besides,’ her plump shoulders rise in dismissal. ‘I said it was secret. Why would they discuss something like that with a mere woman?’ Her light laugh is unconvincing.
I push Sir Lionel to the back of my mind, enthralled by this talk of secret societies. ‘Is that why Robert Moray is a prisoner, because he is a spy?’
‘Oh, dear, I shouldn’t have mentioned it, your father-’
‘Father is a member?’



That wasn't so bad, and I got a plug in!!!

My 7 - in alphabetical order so as not to offend . . .are

Jen Black 
Alison Brideson
Tara Chevrestt
India Drummond
Vicky English
Evangeline Holland
Rosalie Skinner

Comments

Jen Black said…
Gee thanks, Anita. I'm not sure I've got a page 77 yet, but I'll have a look!
If not, I'll do the previous wip!
Jen
Anita Davison said…
I know sarcasm when I hear it - and I apologised didn't I?
Happy Easter Jen
Lisa Yarde said…
Wow, this browbeating thing really works with friends - wonder if my boss is as susceptible regarding raises? Will try on Monday.
Ginger Simpson said…
Glad I checked your blog...you were number one on my list. I see, I didn't make yours. Now that's sarcasm. *lol*
Jen Black said…
You have a keen ear, Anita! Dinna worry pet, it'll be fun. (If you're coming north, you'll get used to our quaint way of talking!)
Jen
Rosalie Skinner said…
Hi Anita, Apology accepted. This is fun, though now I have three invitations to join and I don't have three WIP.
I think combining three invitations is not in the rules.. but rules are made to be broken aren't they?
I have posted on my blog. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

King Edward VII's Coronation

Fire by C C Humphreys

Blog Tour-Nadine Dorries

FTC Guidelines

In accordance with FTC guidelines concerning blogging endorsements, any books reviewed on this site I have either purchased, or received from the publisher in return for an honest review and without financial incentive.

As an Amazon.com affiliate, I receive a tiny dividend from books purchased through the Amazon links displayed on my blog and/or blogs on which reviews are posted.