A Little Help From My Friends

I am sure I'm not alone in that I cannot 'Talk writing' with my family and close friends, because after the first ten minutes, their eyes glaze over, or they sit fiddling with the TV remote control because they have no idea what I am talking about and wish I would simply shut up.

Having discussed this predicament online with some few members of my critique group, we discovered we were not alone, so we came up with the idea of chatting amongst ourselves via Skype.  Three of us have been doing so for some time now, from New York, Calgary and London and it's proved a lifeline.

Our weekly chats keep us all in touch with why we are writing, what we hope to achieve from our completed books, our editorial woes through a wide range of experiences with the publishing world. We pass on review site links, good blogs with creative writing gems and what works and what doesn't with agents, publishers, blogging and promotion.

Recently another friend and great author joined our group from Australia, though the poor love has to get up at 4.00 am to do so - that's what I call keen. I have just come off the headset after a long chat with my fabulous three, and as usual we have so much to share, laugh and whinge about connected to our own struggles to get published. 

I always come away from these talks with a renewed energy in what I am doing and why, and I always get back to my wip with fresh ideas and a new approach. So thank you, Lisa, Mirella and Anne, may our chats continue-you have taught me so much.

Comments

Aww, I enjoyed it too! You're all worth getting up at 4am for! LOL
Lisa Yarde said…
Anne, have no idea how you do it but I'm so glad you're able to be a part of the discussions. I look forward to these chats, reminds me that I'm not as alone in concerns about the future of publishing. Thank you, my friends.

Popular posts from this blog

King Edward VII's Coronation

Fire by C C Humphreys

Blog Tour-Nadine Dorries

FTC Guidelines

In accordance with FTC guidelines concerning blogging endorsements, any books reviewed on this site I have either purchased, or received from the publisher in return for an honest review and without financial incentive.

As an Amazon.com affiliate, I receive a tiny dividend from books purchased through the Amazon links displayed on my blog and/or blogs on which reviews are posted.