Tuesday, 16 November 2010

It Took Them Long Enough

Waitey Katey and Balding Bill are finally tying the knot - am I a Royalist did I hear you say? Yes of course I am, whatever next.  You have to admit this relationship has been going on for a long time, and although they may be story of the month for the press now, the media has been very critical of Kate in the past, mainly for never having had a real job at 27 and William using Navy helicopters to go and see her.

I respect the fact they are being careful not to make a rash decision they might regret later. With three out of four of the Queen's children being divorced, Royal marriages have never been more fragile.

The knockers have already begun slating the fact a Royal Wedding is going to be a vast expense to a country in crisis, but I feel this is the best time for the nation to have something to look forward to and London will earn far more in tourism than it will cost to hold the wedding.

The happy couple were on TV tonight and they looked really lovely, and when they announced he had given her his mother's engagement ring I couldn't help a little sigh - Awww how romantic. Good luck to both of them.

1 comment:

Debra E. Marvin said...

This is the kind of thing I'd want to stay home from work to watch. Wasn't that long ago I baked my best scone recipe to enjoy during his mother's wedding.

We don't get all the details over here across the pond--but the thought, it's about darn time, came to mind. Waity Katey? love it!

I can understand concerns about the cost but I'm already hearing the counter argument that it will bring money into the economy. We'll have to wait and see what the final tallies are.

BLOG TOUR

..for A Knightsbridge Scandal all this week The Writing Garnet Chick Lit Club Connect I Heart Reading Bookish Jottings ...