Saturday, 12 June 2010

The Crown In The Heather

I am sure many of you who have been part of a writing critique group have at least one contributor whose story everyone else rushes to critique. Their writing jumps off the page and portrays their hero's introspective emotions so well, you forget to line edit as you are so involved with the story.

Their expertise makes you wonder why you call yoursef a writer at all? Well OK, I'm talking about me here, but some of you will know what I mean.

Well this lady is that writer, who, for some inexplicable reason, has been overlooked by mainstream publishers. The good news is that she has resorted to self publishing and her first book is out now.

For those who love stories of Medieval Scotland, I can guarantee you will love Gemini Sasson's novel based on the life of Robert The Bruce.

The Crown in The Heather is the first of a trilogy, so there are more delights to come. I have also read her novel, Isabeau, based on Queen Isabella, 'The She Wolf', and consort of the decadent Edward II. Not many books actually make me dread what is going to happen next to the heroine, but this one did!

I have a feeling Gemi will not be without a publisher for long, and if you read this book, I am sure you will agree.

3 comments:

Diane Scott Lewis said...

Bravo for having the courage to get your work out there. Many talented authors are overlooked by mainstream publishing. (raises hand here, LOL) I can't wait to read this book.

Anne Whitfield - author said...

Oh dear, another book to add to my list.
Good luck Gemini!
Thanks for bringing it to people's attention, Anita.

Victoria Dixon said...

Makes you want to open a new publishing house called, "The Overlooked," LOL.

Thanks for the review, Anita. My husband's family is all Scottish (I'm related by marriage to the same Duncan Macbeth killed), so I'm sure this will be a popular read. ;D

BLOG TOUR

..for A Knightsbridge Scandal all this week The Writing Garnet Chick Lit Club Connect I Heart Reading Bookish Jottings ...