Lea Schizas - New E-Publisher

A few author friends have contacted me asking about reliable e-publishing companies they were considering for submissions, but needed to know more about their reputation, policies and processes etc. At the time of asking, I knew some names, but could not comment from a personal perspective, however I do have experience of a lady called Lea Schizas who has opened a Canadian E-Publishing Company called Muse It Up Publishing.

Again, the only information I have is what is on the website, but I do know Lea, who is a great author, reviewer, editor, mentor and virtual friend on the groups I chat with between writing, so if anyone considers that as sufficient recommendation, Lea is currrently accepting submissions.

She is looking for Mystery and Suspense, Paranormal and fantasy, Sci-Fi, Romance and Historical Romance, Horror and Dark Fiction, Young Adult, and will soon be accepting Erotica under MuseItHOT! And... she is accepting short stories too! Her submission guidelines are here.

I wish her everything she wishes herself for her new venture. And with a credo of 'Quality should precede quantity,' I am sure she will do well.

Lea says if anyone has any questions, to contact her on publisher@museituppublishing.com

Comments

Ah, thank you soooo much, Anita, for the kind words. And yes, quality over quantity is our motto. I would rather have ten books than one hundred books just to fill up my bookstore.

You can't fool readers, and you do no justice to authors by accepting them if their work needs further fleshing out.

The one thing we'll be doing is sending in our editor comments - the positives and negatives - so the writer can see where they need to spruce up their work. We'll also invite them to resubmit.

And in case anyone is curious why two divisions, call me old-fashioned but I prefer to have the mainstream genres that also hosts young adult books in their own website and all the erotica romance books in their own website. This way both sites gear toward the right audience: one for families to hop on board and browse and then those who love the more sensually toned romance books.

Once again, thank you very much for the promo.
Thanks for the information and the plug. Lea is a fabulous, hard-working gal. MuseItUp Publishing is going to be a great home for some of the best in electronic books.
Anita Davison said…
And thanks to Penny, I have just disovered Muse It Up's Own Blog here: http://museituppublishing.blogspot.com/
Ginger Simpson said…
I'm excited to be part of Lea's new venture, having just contracted my YA with Muse It Up Publishing. I have nothing but the utmost respect for her and her leadership abilities, and I feel certain I've hitched my wagon to a rising star in the publishing arena. If only we could clone her. There are just some people out there who never should have ventured into running a publishing house, and unfortunately I've met a few of them.

Popular posts from this blog

King Edward VII's Coronation

Fire by C C Humphreys

Blog Tour-Nadine Dorries

FTC Guidelines

In accordance with FTC guidelines concerning blogging endorsements, any books reviewed on this site I have either purchased, or received from the publisher in return for an honest review and without financial incentive.

As an Amazon.com affiliate, I receive a tiny dividend from books purchased through the Amazon links displayed on my blog and/or blogs on which reviews are posted.