Friday, 5 February 2010

On The Trail of Nell Gwynn

Through my recent post at Hoydens and Firebrands Blog, I have come into contact with a new 17th Century author named Gillian Bagwell. Her novel about the life of Nell Gwynn, actress and mistress of Charles II entitled, 'The Darling Strumpet' won't be published until next year by Berkley Publishing Group, but as they say, you cannot start promotion too early!

I hope to review the book when a copy is available, so watch this space, and the HNR Blog. As this is my favourite era for reading and writing, I eagerly anticipate the novel.

If you would like some information on the subject of her book, Gillian has produced a blog for the novel at On the Trail of Nell Gwynn with some fascinating 17th Century facts, including that Charles II planned to make Nell Countess of Greenwich, but died before he could do so.

Gilian's website is still under construction, but will be available soon.

5 comments:

Gillian Bagwell said...

Thanks for the lovely welcome, Anita! I was so delighted to find the Hoydens and Firebrands blog and other authors who are as fascinated as I am by seventeenth century England!

Glynis said...

This is something to look forward to Anita, thanks.

OneLifeLiveIt said...

Found your blog by clicking on next blog. Sometimes it takes me to some interesting sites on other days none at all.

I think you are lucky that you are able to look so good without having to exercise. (You must have a fast metabolism). Also I thank you for my word of the day - erudite!

Keep looking for that inspiration and never give up!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)

Review of The Murderess by Jennifer Wells

PUBLISHER’S BLURB The Murderess is a heart-stopping story of family, love, passion and betrayal set against the backdrop of war-r...