Wednesday, 1 July 2009

What is this Meme Thing?

I received the "I Never Tell A Lie" meme from my dear friend, Ginger Simpson... posted on her Dishin' It Out blog. She says she has bought a gun, so unwilling to gamble on the fact this may be one of her lies – here goes:


Sometimes you can learn more about a person by what they don’t tell you. Sometimes you can learn a lot from the things they just make up. If you are tagged with this Meme, lie to me. Then tag 7 other folks (one for each deadly sin) and hope they can lie.

Actually, I can lie extremely well – to everyone but my husband. He has Anita-radar and I have been trying to work out how he does it for years!


Pride:

If I could say I turned my son and daughter from badly behaved little monsters into well adjusted human beings, I could take some credit for the pride I feel in them. But I can’t, they were both loving, well behaved children we could take anywhere. Now we have a 6ft blue eyed son who is off to drive 10,000 miles for a childrens’ charity next month and a stunning daughter who holds the championship for being the best friend ever. Both of them are hard working, professional people too, and yes I’m shamelessly using this forum to boast – but I don’t care!


Envy:

I doubt anyone envies me, but I've done my share of, ’their life is so much better than mine’, whingeing. But as Ginger says, they are probably more screwed up than me anyway! As the years go by, I've learned to cherish what I have in my very small but close-knit family and devoted, romantic husband, who still thinks I’m gorgeous and sexy.


Gluttony:

I hold my hand up to this one – [see pic] these are my favourite chocolates and no one dares buy me more than very small boxes at a time for special occasions as I am capable of eating whatever quantity I can get my hands on. Strange really, when I hate alcohol, but love these with a passion! The Italian cherry harvest failed one year and they weren’t available for my Xmas present – I was distraught!!!


Lust:
Ginger’s answer to this was so funny, I simply cannot top it–but there are certain things that light my fire – and in case I think of slacking off, my DH says. ‘The more you indulge the more you want to,’ He has a point. If you don’t use it – lose it!


Anger:
I used to get spitting-feathers angry over pretty much everything from abused children to someone pinching my parking spot at Waitrose. Again, age has mellowed me with the knowledge the world isn’t a friendly place and will always be cruel and unjust, where people do not get what they deserve –[Except perhaps Bernie Madoff!] Politicians will always be self-serving if not downright corrupt and people will always shaft you if they can. So I Chill – did I mention I have low blood pressure?


Greed:
This is another failing that life and experience has knocked out of me. I used to be acquisitive, I admit, but losing a business and a home when everything is carted off in a matter of hours is a hard reality check. I have gone the other way and don’t bother trying to acquire anything now. I share everything I have and if two quid is all that’s in my purse and a Big Issue seller says hello to me, I hand it over!


Sloth:

Is that a single thing or a long-term thing? I’m the laziest person I know when it comes to things I hate. Like housework, gardening, cooking, exercise, [especially the 'E' word]– but I can write for sixteen hours straight and after five hours sleep get up and do it again – in pyjamas of course with a bucket of coffee beside me!


And the seven victims? I don’t really want to annoy that many people in one go - so I’ll make do with five and whether they want to pass this on is up to them: No pressure, ladies.


Anne Whitfield

Chris Redding

Gemini Sasson

Alison Stuart

Anne Gilbert


And I still don’t know what a meme is!

4 comments:

Ginger Simpson said...

You really don't do a good job of lying, but I loved your answers. Use it or lose it? Yeah, sistah, wait until you're my age and tell me if you care. *lol*

Thanks for being a good sport.

Ginger

Anne Whitfield - author said...

I'll give it a go.

Shruti said...

What a pretty theme you've got.

Anne Gilbert said...

I'll be glad to take a whack at the seven deadlies. Dunno what I'll come up with, though. And I doubt if I could be funnier than some of the others.

Review of The Murderess by Jennifer Wells

PUBLISHER’S BLURB The Murderess is a heart-stopping story of family, love, passion and betrayal set against the backdrop of war-r...