Thursday, 26 February 2009

Agents

Kate Nash Literary Agent

I wasn’t going to announce this until further down the line but when I let it slip to one of my critique buddies – she said it was huge news and I shouldn’t keep it to myself. So here it is -

I have an agent!

Kate writes Regency novels under the name Kate Allan. With a background in marketing and publishing, she’s very new, but has some good contacts and is certainly organised. Her blog is great and she has her schedule planned for presenting manuscripts at the London Book Fair
at Earls Court in April.

Kate wants to get her core clients on board before she announces to the publishing world she’s in business. Even so, just by word of mouth she gets plenty of queries! Also, according to
her blog, she’s already in the contract stage with her first client!

I know it’s no guarantee of anything, but at least she can get my manuscript onto desks I couldn’t imagine getting close to. And she’s best placed to find out what the publishing world wants at the moment.

She’s been very honest with me in that Historical Fiction is not easy to sell, or maybe she meant
my historical fiction! Oh well, but simply having someone running interference is a huge bonus for me. So I have some work to do on my wip, but with some honing, polishing, re-writing and editing.

Who Knows?

15 comments:

Carol A. Spradling said...

omg, Anita! This is fabulous news and should be shared. I'm thrilled for you. Congratulations.

Amy @ Passages to the Past said...

Yeah - how exciting!!! Congratulations...I see some celebrating in your future! Good thing it's Friday!

Nixy Valentine said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

Kate Nash said...

Love the graphic - except that my little dog should be really be chewing paper or chasing some of her toys about my office!

N. Gemini Sasson said...

Hugs, hugs, hugs!!! I'm soooo happy for you, Anita. I do hope you've opened up a bottle of wine and are celebrating. Yaaaaayyyyyy!

All the best,
Gemi

Phyllis Campbell said...

WOO-HOOOO!!! Oh, Anita! I knew it would happen for you. You are an awesome writer!! So, is this for The Maze? I thought it was a historical romance? (shrugs) There is romance elements in there... Anyway, I loved this story, as you know, and I'll be one of your biggest cheerleaders, too! I'm sooooo excited for you! I hope someone picks up my Regency, too...but I'm not holding my breath, since I'm up against competition like you. (wink)

~Phyllis~
www.phyllismariecampbell.com

Jane Beckenham said...

Told you so! Best of luck and hugs and all that mushy stuff. Go you!

Jane Beckenham

Eilidh said...

I am so pleased for you! Congratulations! Best of luck.

Helena

Anita Davison said...

Awww, thanks so much ladies, that was so sweet of you to send all your good wishes. I have a long way to go yet, but your support is very important. Thanks
Anita

Marsha said...

Congrats, Anita! That is great news. It is so nice to read about positive outcomes!

BTW, I came to your blog via Nixy. She's awesome, eh?

Lisa Yarde said...

Anita, you've been such a wonderful source of encouragement over the years. I'm wishing you the best in this new chapter of your life. I hope you enjoy working with Kate and look forward to seeing more of your work in print.

Julianne Douglas said...

What wonderful news, Anita!!!! I'm so happy for you. Best wishes for speedy sales. :)

kathryn said...

Hi Anita! I finally made it to the blog. My computer is so tired and old. I wanted to wish you the best in this new phase of your already impressive and exciting career. It's inspiration to me to watch how you've worked so hard, especially when it comes to things like platform. As for the manuscripts, I know how good they are!

Hugs,
Kathryn

Jen Black said...

Hey, Anita, way to go! I've heard of Kate Nash from other sources too. Her name is travelling, especially since she appeared on the cover of Writers News
Jen

Toby Cai said...

Anita, I wondered what happened when The Maze slipped off my Authonomy shelf. Obviously, you're busy with a wonderful cause. CONGRATS! You more than deserve this chance at making it in larger markets. Let us know when the movies are going to be released!
Toby

BLOG TOUR

..for A Knightsbridge Scandal all this week The Writing Garnet Chick Lit Club Connect I Heart Reading Bookish Jottings ...