Wednesday, 7 November 2012

The Next Big Thing

I've been tagged in The Next Big Thing by fellow writer Gillian Bagwell, who writes wonderful stories set in the same era I write in and which fascinates me. Her latest book, The King's Mistress  [The September Queen in the US] is available now:

I'm instructed to tell you all about my next book by answering these questions and then to tag three other
authors about their Next Big Thing. So here I go!

What is the working title of your next book?
Countess Spy

Where did the idea come from for the book?
It's a sequal to 'Royalist Rebel' which is scheduled for release by Claymore Books, an imprint of Pen and Sword Books in January 2013

What genre does your book fall under?
Biographical Historical Fiction

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Scarlett Johanneson

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

17th Century Countess' carries secret documents in Europe for exiled Charles II during Interregnum

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Represented

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I have only just begun, but I estimate about a year.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
The King's Daughter by Christie Dickason

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
The Countess's biography of her remarkable life,and visiting her home which in Richmond, Surrey which has been preserved to look exactly as it did when she lived there.

What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
The fact that in a age when women were kept at home and travel was difficult, and protracted as well as being dangerous, some women still refused to accept the staus quo and fought to change things.

Here are some lovely authors I've tagged to tell you about their Next Big Thing



3 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

The fact that her home has been preserved is so intriguing! I'd love to see it. Looking forward to this one, Anita.

Jen Black said...

Hate to say this but I'm finding your colours hard to read. Good news that you're doing a sequel!
Jen

Anita Davison said...

Hope that's better Jen - shame really as I liked the grey

Books We Love

FTC Guidelines

In accordance with FTC guidelines concerning blogging endorsements, I would like all of my readers to know that any books reviewed on this site I have either purchased, or received from the publisher in return for an honest review and without financial incentive.

I am also an Amazon.com affiliate, and as such receive a tiny dividend of books purchased through the Amazon links displayed on my blog and/or blogs the reviews on which the reviews are posted.